Generating 4096 bit key fails – why?

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed Nov 4 03:09:45 CET 2015

On 11/02/2015 06:40 PM, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 3:04 AM, NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org> wrote:
>> It failed when gpg frontend tried to change the key attribute for
>> RSA-4096.
>>
>>> […]
>>
>> Do you happened to have (and run) old scdaemon of 2.0?
>
> Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the explanation. After starting
> `gpg --card-edit`, I checked which version is running, and it’s 2.1.9:

Thank you.  It found it's my mistake.

I reproduced this bug in my environment.  I don't know the reason why
it worked well for me, perhaps I tested with spare space between
arguments when I did with gpg-connect-agent.

Here is a fix.  It will be in the next release.

http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gnupg.git;a=commit;h=c5a9fedba66361ddd9f596528882750068543298