Facebook and OpenPGP

Jon Millican jmillican at fb.com
Thu Oct 1 17:56:24 CEST 2015

On 26 September 2015 at 03:24, Christian Heinrich <christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au <mailto:christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au>> wrote:

> So as far as I am aware there is no integration with the Facebook
> GraphAPI yet :(

Hi, I'm Jon - I work on OpenPGP support at Facebook. I thought you might be interested to hear that we now support fetching public keys via the Graph API.

Keys can be fetched from someone's profile "public_key" field, e.g. you could fetch my public key with the query:

  /1617090031?fields=public_key

If you would like to experiment with this, you can try it out with the Graph API Explorer at https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/145634995501895/ (you'll need to be logged in to use the tool).

Reference: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/user <https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/user>