How to get your first key signed

MFPA 2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net
Sun Oct 4 13:06:04 CEST 2015

On Saturday 3 October 2015 at 1:04:55 PM, in
<mid:CANeMGR69R7wEyTfxjmtSJ7AEBqy0o-=a0DT7XrG1vXZzi0ae-Q at mail.gmail.com>,
Guan Xin wrote:

> The word "will" does not infer history.

No, but talking about something that happened in the past does. (-;

> You know by
> reputation I meant personal reputation,

It was clear to me that you meant their respective personal
reputations on the mailing list. And their little experiment did not
in any way lead to merging these into a single posting reputation.

> not the arabic
> numbers or green boxes shown on the webpage, don't you?

What web page? I thought we were talking about a mailing list.

> What happened to being guilty once proven guilty until
> proven innocent?

You mean an appeal to an unsound conviction?

> Your key is the proof. If you all

Not sure who you mean by "you all".

> believe digital signature can't prove anything, why do
> you use it at all?

My understanding of what a digital signature proves is:-

1. The text or file has not been altered since it was signed.
2. Which key was used to create the signature.

- --
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net>

Penguins are not to be trusted, especially those who listen to organ music.