Problems with gnupg-2.1.9 (and gpgme-1.6.0)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 13 20:46:30 CEST 2015

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 18:30, bircoph at gmail.com said:

> I updated to gnupg-2.1.9 from 2.0.x on both my desktop and laptop
> and now I have big problems. My OS is Gentoo Linux.
>
> 1. gpgme is now broken.

This is more a likely a problem with Sylpheed (can you test with
Claws-Mail instead?).

> libassuan-2.3.0) and rebuilt consumer applications. Of course,
> keys were migrated to the new format using
>   gpg --import ~/.gnupg/secring.gpg
> and gpg-agent was restarted (I even rebooted the whole host), but

(Restart is not necessary.)

The problem exists with both, pubring.gpg and pubring.kbx, right?

> 2. I have duplicated keys in the ring with the same ID and
> fingerprint.
>
> Duplication happens only to _some_ of my keys where I have a secret
> key, fetched public keys of other users are not duplicated.

Is that for pubring.kbx only?  This is the first report I recall for gpg
but we sometimes have such duplicates with gpgsm.

What you can do now is:

  gpg --export-ownertrust >myownertrust.lst
  gpg --export >allmykeys.gpg
  rm pubring.kbx
  gpg --import <allmykeys.gpg

The first export is just a backup in case something goes wrong.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner