Problems with gnupg-2.1.9 (and gpgme-1.6.0)

Andrew Savchenko bircoph at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 00:00:18 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 20:46:30 +0200 Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 18:30, bircoph at gmail.com said:
> > I updated to gnupg-2.1.9 from 2.0.x on both my desktop and laptop
> > and now I have big problems. My OS is Gentoo Linux.
> >
> > 1. gpgme is now broken.
>
> This is more a likely a problem with Sylpheed (can you test with
> Claws-Mail instead?).

Sylpheed is not the only application affected. Mcabber
(http://mcabber.com/) also uses GPGME for GnuPG integration and
also fails after 2.0 -> 2.1 GnuPG migration.

Right now I have some troubles with building claws-mail with GnuPG
support. Will report when I'll be able to test it.

> > libassuan-2.3.0) and rebuilt consumer applications. Of course,
> > keys were migrated to the new format using
> >   gpg --import ~/.gnupg/secring.gpg
> > and gpg-agent was restarted (I even rebooted the whole host), but
>
> (Restart is not necessary.)
>
> The problem exists with both, pubring.gpg and pubring.kbx, right?

No, only with pubring.gpg.
  kbxutil --find-dups ~/.gnupg/pubring.kbx
Shows none and --stat shows that only X.509 certs are stored in the
pubring.kbx file, no OpenPGP keys here:
openpgp:   0
x509:     63

> > 2. I have duplicated keys in the ring with the same ID and
> > fingerprint.
> >
> > Duplication happens only to _some_ of my keys where I have a secret
> > key, fetched public keys of other users are not duplicated.
>
> Is that for pubring.kbx only?  This is the first report I recall for gpg
> but we sometimes have such duplicates with gpgsm.

No, for pubring.gpg only.

> What you can do now is:
>
>   gpg --export-ownertrust >myownertrust.lst
>   gpg --export >allmykeys.gpg
>   rm pubring.kbx
>   gpg --import <allmykeys.gpg

Thanks, this helped. I removed pubring.gpg instead of pubring.kbx,
though. Now I have only pubring.kbx with no duplicates.

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko