GnuPG modern can't genereate keys on my Windows

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Wed Sep 2 13:18:28 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Monday, August 31, 2015 07:07:03 PM Andre Heinecke wrote:
> If I use the pinentry-basic included in the gnupg-w32 installer I get the
> "No pinentry" error.
> So it looks like pinentry-basic also has a Problem on Windows > 8.1

This was a problem in my test setup. I probably had gpg4win installed when the
agent was started and so it tried to use the pinentry from gpg4win even after
I uninstalled gpg4win.

Such things will be solved when gpg4win gets proper 2.1 support. After
restarting the gpg-agent it picked up pinentry-basic and it worked fine.

If you look at gpg-agent's debug output it will show you which pinentry it
tries to start.

Regards,
Andre

--