FAQ: drop mention of 1.4?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Sep 1 10:27:18 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 31/08/15 21:08, Crissy Lynn wrote:
> I have tried any and everything the be taken OFF of this random
> mailing list!!! I've 'Unsubscribed' 10 times. Can someone PLEASE
> explain why I keep getting these emails!??????

I might have an idea about that. Gmail has an unusual feature: you can
add dots in the name-part of the e-mail address wherever you like, and
they don't matter. But the mailing list software might have a different
idea about that.

So perhaps you're subscribed as miss.crissylynn etcetera, and you're
trying to unsubscribe without that dot. Take a look at what the exact
e-mail address is that you're getting the mails from this list at. Then
unsubscribe with that address.

And don't forget to confirm with the mail that you will receive: the
software will send you a final mail asking you to confirm that you
really wish to unsubscribe, to prevent jokesters from unsubscribing
random people.

This is just a theory I've come up with, though.

HTH,

Peter.