gnupg-for-java

Antony Prince antony at blazrsoft.com
Wed Sep 9 02:06:51 CEST 2015

On 09/08/2015 05:52 PM, Antony Prince wrote:
> On 09/08/2015 05:29 PM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>> The offender seems to be jUnit.  The gnupg-for-java code uses a lot of
>> imports like "junit.framework", and the current jUnit drops everything
>> in the org.junit namespace.  On top of that, old test methods like
>> TestSuite from jUnit 3.8 have been deprecated in favor of Suite, from
>> more modern jUnits.
>
>> This doesn't appear to be hard work.  The test suite is about 250
>> lines of code, most of it fairly clear.  If you know Java and would
>> like to contribute to GnuPG but don't quite know where, this would
>> seem to be an excellent "bite-sized" project to take on.
>

> I'm familiar with Java, but unit testing has been an area that I haven't
> brushed up on. I'd be willing to take a look and see what I can
> learn/fix. Considering I'm not a professional, expectations here should
> be pretty low. ;-)

I managed to get the ant build to succeed using the latest revision from
the guardianproject source[1] and junit-4.12. All I did was remove JUnit
from the project, added junit-4.12 as a referenced library and placed
the jar in the lib folder, added
[code]
<classpath>
      	       <pathelement path="lib/junit-4.12.jar"/>
</classpath>
[/code]
to the javac section in build.xml.

That said, the ant build completed successfully, but I did not run any
tests. My modified fork can be found at this url[2].

[1] https://github.com/guardianproject/gnupg-for-java
[2] https://github.com/HellUnit/gnupg-for-java

--

Antony Prince

Key ID: 0xAF3D4087301B1B19
Fingerprint: 591FF17F7A4AA8D0F659C482AF3D4087301B1B19