Decryption fails with 4096bit key on SmartCard

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 22 11:08:20 CEST 2015

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:51, marcus.ilgner at gmail.com said:

> gpg: public key decryption failed: Missing item in object
> gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

This is probably in scdaemon.  Thus you should add

log-file SOMEFILE
verbose
debug ipc,cardio

into scdaemon.conf, "gpgconf --kill scdaemon", and watch out for the
error message in the log file.  This likely an error code 0x6a88 from
the card, we need to see the commands prior to that.  Take care that you
redact the PIN in the log file.

> https://www.nitrokey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1145 which seems to
> discuss the same problem but as it's already a couple of years old I assume

That is not related.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner