Decryption fails with 4096bit key on SmartCard

Marcus Ilgner marcus.ilgner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:30:31 CEST 2015

Hi Werner,

thank you for the quick reply, it's much appreciated!

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 at 11:10 Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:51, marcus.ilgner at gmail.com said:
>
> > gpg: public key decryption failed: Missing item in object
> > gpg: decryption failed: No secret key
>
> This is probably in scdaemon.  Thus you should add
> [...]
> into scdaemon.conf, "gpgconf --kill scdaemon", and watch out for the
> error message in the log file.  This likely an error code 0x6a88 from
> the card, we need to see the commands prior to that.  Take care that you
> redact the PIN in the log file.

You're right, there is a response 0x6A88 there - not that I know what that
means :D
Here you can find the full log:
https://gist.github.com/milgner/b823685c8a5960f1f13b
Thanks for mentioning the PIN, I might have overlooked it in the hex dump :)

> https://www.nitrokey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1145 which seems to
> > discuss the same problem but as it's already a couple of years old I
> assume
>
> That is not related.

Good to know :)
Let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist in solving the
problem.

All the best
Marcus