Should I be using gpg or gpg2?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Sep 28 23:36:19 CEST 2015

> Most of those that use gpg because they really, really need to keep
> their secrets from their adversaries are concerned with this year
> and next, not about A.D. 2030.

Without knowing the basis for this claim, I have to reject it.

> I'm obviously not one of those gentlemen; my "caliber" is that of a
> half-educated practitioner toiling in the trenches. But sometimes
> those can offer observations that escape the admirals and generals...

To paraphrase the movie _A Few Good Men_, it doesn't matter what you
know, it only matters what you can prove.  You could tell us all what
the winning lottery numbers would be, but unless you had some way to
prove your accuracy ahead of the drawing your prediction would mean little.

You may very well have excellent insights to share, but without having
any way to evaluate their likelihood of correctness how can we have any
confidence in them?  This week's lucky numbers may very well be 7, 8,
24, 29 and 31, but how can we know?  How can we have confidence?  Why
should we listen?