where is gnupg configure file

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Fri Apr 1 19:21:53 CEST 2016

On 01/04/16 10:21, mick crane wrote:
> from what I read I don't think I can use gpg2 because
> Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)apt uses gpg1 at present.

GnuPG 1.4 and GnuPG 2.x are co-installable, they can function
side-by-side. If you take the Jessie GnuPG 2.0 package, you get 2.0,
which will use the same key storage as 1.4.

GnuPG 1.4.12 (with backported fixes from later releases) is in package
gnupg, and the binary is called gpg. GnuPG 2.0.26 with backports is in
package gnupg2, and the binary is called gpg2. You appear to have both
installed.

HTH,

Peter.