Perform only asymmetric encryption/decryption

Erik Nellessen erik.nellessen at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Apr 10 12:56:09 CEST 2016

No, this is not about encrypting large amounts of data with asymmetric encryption. ;) It is about encrypting and decrypting small strings, which are still way smaller than the public/private key. So I guess this could be possible using the interfaces for encrypting/decrypting a data encryption key. What is the best way in OpenPGP to encrypt/decrypt small strings using asymmetric encryption/decryption directly?

Kind regards,
Erik

Andrew Gallagher: