making a Debian Live CD for managing GnuPG master key and smartcards

MFPA 2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net
Tue Apr 26 22:30:30 CEST 2016

On Tuesday 26 April 2016 at 8:53:06 AM, in
<mid:571F1E62.30203 at pocock.pro>, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> There has been some discussion on debian-devel[1]
> about making a

> bootable Debian Live CD specifically for GnuPG

> The benefit is that everything on the CD is
> self-contained, it can't be

> tampered with, it can run without network support in
> the kernel and the

> workflow would be controlled by a script.  All the
> details, including

> workflow, are described in a wiki[2]

> I have some questions about this:

> - has anybody already seen anything like this?
> Nobody likes

> re-inventing the wheel

[0] is a How-To for creating an OpenPGP keypair for use with GnuPG on
an airgapped system (using Tails) and exporting the subkeys for
day-to-day use. There is a link [1] to a second guide to export the
subkeys to an OpenPGP smartcard.

[0] <https://wiki.debian.org/GnuPG/AirgappedMasterKey>

[1] <https://wiki.debian.org/GnuPG/SmartcardSubkeys>

- --
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net>

Always be on the lookout for conspicuousness