Querying gpg-agent configuration options

Paul R. Ramer free10pro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 04:13:29 CEST 2016

On 04/26/2016 02:31 PM, Eric Pruitt wrote:
> Is it possible to query the configuration of a running gpg-agent? In
> particular, I would like to query the running agent to see what
> values are being used for default-cache-ttl and max-cache-ttl. I have
> reviewed the documentation for gpg-connect-agent and its commands but
> haven't found what I'm looking for.

I didn't see any indication of such a feature from the man page, but you
could just look at the gpg-agent.conf file. The man page says it
defaults to $GNUPGHOME/gpg-agent.conf. If you want to do this in an
automated way, just parse the text file for the values that are set for
the options you want to look at.

Hope that helps,

-Paul