Querying gpg-agent configuration options

Eric Pruitt eric.pruitt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 04:20:37 CEST 2016

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 07:13:29PM -0700, Paul R. Ramer wrote:
> I didn't see any indication of such a feature from the man page, but you
> could just look at the gpg-agent.conf file.

It's not that simple. I would also need to account for flags passed into
the application via the command line (--default-cache-ttl, etc.)  which
can also change the configuration file used. On top of that, the
configuration file does not necessarily reflect the state of the running
agent e.g. if the configuration were modified after the agent was
launched and a reload command never issued to the application or if the
configuration file was deleted. For certain desktop environments, things
are further complicated -- if I recall correctly, the GNOME keyring
doesn't necessarily read its configuration from the GPG home directory.

Eric