Website usability issue

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Apr 27 11:10:04 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Using a netbook with a touchpad, Debian Jessie/stable and Iceweasel
38.7.1esr-1~deb8u1 (Debian package), I encounter an issue with the menu
at the top of the website.

When you hover the pointer over a menu category (Home, Donate, Download,
...) it folds down and subpages appear. However, there is a small slit
between the category and the pages. If I'm not quick enough with the
touchpad movement, and manage to hover over the slit while moving down,
the menu folds up again just as I'm about to select a page. At the
moment, I'm having more difficulty keeping it open than not. I'm sure
this depends on pointer device, acceleration settings and the amount of
caffeine in the user... (none as of yet).

I'm not familiar with website development, but perhaps the slit can be
made a transparent part of the menu, such that it doesn't register as
"no longer hovering over the menu"?

Oh, I also use Privoxy and Ghostery. I disabled Privoxy and did a full
page reload (Ctrl-Shift-R), but the problem persisted.

HTH,

Peter.