Website usability issue

Philip Jackson philip.jackson at nordnet.fr
Wed Apr 27 22:48:40 CEST 2016

On 27/04/16 11:10, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> Using a netbook with a touchpad, Debian Jessie/stable and Iceweasel
> 38.7.1esr-1~deb8u1 (Debian package), I encounter an issue with the menu
> at the top of the website.
>
> When you hover the pointer over a menu category (Home, Donate, Download,
> ...) it folds down and subpages appear. However, there is a small slit
> between the category and the pages. If I'm not quick enough with the
> touchpad movement, and manage to hover over the slit while moving down,
> the menu folds up again just as I'm about to select a page. At the
> moment, I'm having more difficulty keeping it open than not. I'm sure
> this depends on pointer device, acceleration settings and the amount of
> caffeine in the user... (none as of yet).

I have a similar setup on an old laptop (Debian 8.4 Jessie with
Iceweasel 38.7.1esr-1-deb8u1) with touchpad.  But I don't see the
problem you outline with the dropdown menus on gnupg.org (at least I
presume you are writing about gnupg.org ?).

I also use a wireless mouse but also no problem.  And I'm cafeine
deficient so move very slowly at this time of day :-)

Philip