Querying gpg-agent configuration options

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Apr 27 11:32:21 CEST 2016

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 23:31, eric.pruitt at gmail.com said:

> particular, I would like to query the running agent to see what values
> are being used for default-cache-ttl and max-cache-ttl. I have reviewed

You may read the options from gpg-agent.conf using:

  gpgconf --list-options gpg-agent \
  | awk -F: '$1=="default-cache-ttl" {print $0}'

which result in an output like this (line wrapped):

  default-cache-ttl:24:0:expire cached PINs
  after N seconds:3:3:N:600::900

Here we see that the default value used by gpg-agent is 600 seconds and
the currently configured value is 900 seconds.  To get only the value,
change the $0 in the awk command to $10.  For details see the man page
of gpgconf.  gpgconf also allows to change these values; gpgme has an
interface for that too.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner