making a Debian Live CD for managing GnuPG master key and smartcards

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Wed Apr 27 14:58:40 CEST 2016

On 27/04/16 11:53, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 22:51, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:
>
>> Well, there's a little bit of a chicken-and-the-egg problem here.  If
>> new projects are told "don't evangelize here", how will they let users
>> who might be interested in their project know it exists?  Evangelization
>
> For me it is okay to do that from time to time, but they shall not take
> over a thread.  Many of us do not have the time to follow each thread
> and thus the subject should be on topic.

Back to the original topic then, does anybody else have any feedback on
the questions I raised?

- can we call all the necessary GnuPG commands[1] from a script without
the user interacting directly with GnuPG, using "--batch" / unattanded
operation?  The sequence of commands involved would be similar to this
blog[3]

- what would be the preferred way for the GUI to obtain and keep the
master key passphrase without prompting the user to re-enter it for
every operation?

- would anybody else like to suggest improvements to the workflow?

1.
https://blog.josefsson.org/2014/06/23/offline-gnupg-master-key-and-subkeys-on-yubikey-neo-smartcard/