Please, fix batch mode for gpg --edit-key-trust

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Aug 2 11:29:58 CEST 2016

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 15:46, john at zuri.ch said:

> I'm surprised anything GNU doesn't automatically read input from a redirected STDIN,
> that's Unix 101.

It does.  However, we have often need two input channels.  For example
for the data and the passphrase.  You can't mix them.

The edit interface is for human use only.  If you want to to use it
form a script you need to tell gpg about this with the option
--command-fd and --status-fd.  And you need to have write a FSM to
properly interact with gpg's edit command.

However, there is an easier solution: Switch to GnuPG 2.1 and use one of
the --quick-* command for the most common edit operations.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

 /* Join us at OpenPGP.conf  <https://openpgp-conf.org> */