Moving from RSA to Ed25519

Dominik George nik at naturalnet.de
Mon Aug 8 21:18:40 CEST 2016

Hi,

I was thinking about moving from rsa4096 to ed25519.

I really do not want to lose all the signatures on my key.

What I could do is add the ed25519 signature and encryption keys to my
existing rsa key as subkeys, but I guess this will not improve security
because my RSA signature key could still be used.

From my understanding it is not possible to expire the primary key and keep
subkeys.

Did I get something wrong? If not, what is the smoothest thing to do to
migrate?

Cheers,
Nik

--
PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296

Dominik George · Mobil: +49-1520-1981389

Teckids e.V. · FrOSCon e.V. · OpenRheinRuhr e.V.
Fellowship of the FSFE · Piratenpartei Deutschland
Opencaching Deutschland e.V. · Debian Contributor

LPIC-3 Linux Enterprise Professional (Security)