Standard gnupg folder created despite --homedir parameter

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Aug 10 10:40:29 CEST 2016

On 10/08/16 01:23, Carola Grunwald wrote:
> May I ask how that translates into the Windows world?  Is it a way to
> get rid of the ...\AppData\Roaming\gnupg folder?

While the directory names give off a strong Unixy vibe[1], the text says "On
Windows systems" and "under Windows". Have you tried to create those
directories? I don't think there is any "translation", this is how you should do
it on Windows specifically. (The gpgconf tool is also indicated as
'gpgconf.exe', on Unix systems it would not have an extension.)

Try this:

F:\PortableApps\MyProject\gpg\gpgconf.exe
F:\PortableApps\MyProject\gpg\gpgconf.ctl
F:\PortableApps\MyProject\gpg\home
F:\PortableApps\MyProject\gpg\usr\local\var\cache\gnupg

HTH,

Peter.

[1] Heck, /usr/local/var/cache/gnupg is the concatenation of two standard Linux
directory names. Two for the price of one! It's an odd one, that. Makes you
wonder whether it's a copy-paste error.