keybase.io (was: Key Discovery Made Simple)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Aug 31 09:45:53 CEST 2016

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 04:27, mirimir at riseup.net said:

> What are the defects in <https://keybase.io/>?

They not even try to minimize the use of meta data but use privacy
invading services (Facebook, Twitter, etc) to connect the key into a way
larger network than what we have with the Web of Trust.  Kind of key
signing party for the Twitter generation.

I am not sure, but I heard that keybase.io is moving towards a
centralized system for encrypted message exchange.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

 /* Join us at OpenPGP.conf  <https://openpgp-conf.org> */