Hybrid keysigning party, your opinion?

Lachlan Gunn lachlan at twopif.net
Thu Dec 8 14:51:06 CET 2016

Le 2016-12-08 à 22:05, Peter Lebbing a écrit :
> Stephan and Lachlan, thank you for thinking about this! I need to make a
> decision soon, I really need feedback!

Not a problem, efficient keysigning is something I've been pondering for
a while, so I'm really glad to see people working in the area.

> I wouldn't say my information is detailed actually, I could write a *lot* more
> about proper procedure. But I hoped I didn't have to, instead just focussing on
> what I wanted to do *differently* from usual.

Personally I am of the mind that anything longer than that email is
wishful thinking, you have to get people to actually follow it.  The
ones who need to do it are also only the ones who weren't organised in
advance, so I think keep the extra work to a minimum if you want to
maximise the useful signatures from them.

To this end, another suggestion is to make the forms that they fill in
identical, whether or not they are late.  You could do this by putting
the fingerprints at the end of the primary document and just printing
out the first bit for latecomers.  This might save some "I don't know
how your form works, I have the prearranged one" on the day.

It's late here now, but I'll try to have a look over the weekend to see
if there are any missed opportunities for automation.

Thanks,
Lachlan