Error when signing

stebe at mailbox.org stebe at mailbox.org
Tue Feb 2 22:41:58 CET 2016

Hi,

> Ludovic Hirlimann <ludovic at hirlimann.net> hat am 2. Februar 2016 um
> 19:35 geschrieben:
>

> Sure I'm trying to gpg  --edit-key XXXXXX
>
> Setup works with my other and older key.
>
> Ludo
>
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM, Peter Lebbing <peter at digitalbrains.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 02/02/16 13:47, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
> > > I've recently created a new key. When I try to sign with it I get
> > > the
> > > following error :
> >
> > Could you show the exact command you're trying, and also, do you have
> > gpg.conf? If so, could you include it as well.
> >
> > Peter.

I had problems downloading your gpg.conf, so I'm just guessing (sorry :-)

# If you have more than 1 secret key in your keyring, you may want to
# uncomment the following option and set your preferred keyid.

#default-key XXXXXXX

Guess: Maybe you did uncomment it, created the new key and the older is
set as your default key

Cheers,

Stebe