(OT) What is an appropriate link for IceDove?...

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sun Feb 21 14:37:11 CET 2016

On 2016-02-21 07:32, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> However, Debian requires that software also be free of trademarks,
> and
> Mozilla and Thunderbird are both trademarks.  So they take
> Thunderbird,
> remove the trademarks, and rebrand it as Icedove.

Broadly, I believe it's more that Debian wishes to be able to include
patches they wrote in their distribution of Thunderbird, and Mozilla
wishes to vet and approve each individual patch before allowing Debian
to use the trademarked name. Because Debian does not want to run each of
their patches by Mozilla for approval, they decided not to use the
trademarked name.

I'm pretty sure there are trademarked names in Debian, and that Debian
allows this.

Peter.

My key is available at
<http://digitalbrains.com/2012/openpgp-key-peter>