Re: Generating 4096 bit key fails – why?

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Tue Jan 12 11:03:37 CET 2016

After the second attempt with GnuPG 2.1.10, I got all three 4096 bit
keys generated on card, which took a while:

    > admin
    […]

    > generate
    […]

    gpg: key 28C1B3D1 marked as ultimately trusted
    public and secret key created and signed.

    gpg: checking the trustdb
    gpg: 3 marginal(s) needed, 1 complete(s) needed, PGP trust model
    gpg: depth: 0  valid:   2  signed:   0  trust: 0-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 0f,
    2u
    gpg: next trustdb check due at 2017-10-30

Following initialization, I could finally import the backup of my 4096
bit keys. :-D