basic identity mgmt

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Fri Jan 15 20:32:02 CET 2016

On 01/14/2016 11:35 AM, Wendy Oberg wrote:
> From: "Doug Barton" [dougb at dougbarton.email]
>> What is your concern about signing the key?
>
> Not so much a concern.  But I might want to make use of the predicate
> "key X is valid" without having to sign anything, and without even having a
> key.

You still haven't answered the "Why?" question. I'm not trying to badger
you, I'm trying to find out if there is a use case that we're missing here.

> Sounds like the "--tofu-policy good ..." in recent versions, as suggested
> by Damien, may do the trick for this.

Unless I'm missing something that's not different in any material way
from '--trust-model always'.

>> And  are you aware that local signatures will not be communicated beyond your
>> keyring?
>
> Yes, thanks, W.

Ok, so why is that not the right solution for you?

Doug