AW: AW: Key generation with GPGME and GnuPG hangs at gpgme_op_genkey

Sandra Schreiner sasc0041 at stud.hs-kl.de
Thu Jan 28 10:20:32 CET 2016

>From Werner: "gpg2 can't use [custom passphrase handlers] as [using
>gpg-]agent is a hard requirement.  The only reason for keeping the
>passphrase callback is for symmetric encryption."

I guess I'm in real trouble now. The reason for this is a bit complex. My encprytion
class is part of a framework, which shall be used on different plattforms. Therefore my
own 'GPGME wrapper' (and the framework as a whole) should be available in C++ and Java.
Before I started with my implementation I found this https://github.com/smartrevolution/gnupg-for-java
wrapper of GPGME for Java (so I thought it should be generally possible to use GnuPG/GPGME in Java).
But we decided to not use the existing wrapper, because it is old, (seems) unmaintained and we
would like to have simpler interfaces and one solution for both, the C++ and Java world. Means:
we just want to provide the simple and small interface in C++ and wrap this with JNI for Java.
So the problem boils down to this question: What would happen if my class would be called
by an android application? Would the pinentry provided by GnuPG work in this case?