Side-By-Side Installation: Gpg4win and gnuPG

Kob S gcircuit at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 10 02:57:51 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am using gpg4win V. 2.3.2 on a WIN7 machine, but I want to test the gnuPG 2.1.13 on the same machine, using the CLI, without interfering with the existing gpg4win installation.

I downloaded and expanded the gnuPG 2.1.13 Windows CLI archive into a new directory, and made sure to fully exit gpg4win.

Running      C:\gnupg2.1.13\gpg --expert --full-gen-key

I got the following message:

"gpg: starting migration from earlier GnuPG versions" and an attempt to connect by an agent using IPC to a socket on the local machine - which I blocked by my firewall to avoid messing up my existing gpg4win installation.

I suspect that gnuPG is looking at the same <user>\AppData\Roaming\gnupg directory that is being used by gpg4win. If that is the case, is there a way to force gnuPG to use a different directory? I could not find any config file that would let me do that.

Thanks for any help,

Rimma