AW: AW: WINDOWS - Adding passphrase to gpg via command line

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jun 10 21:47:52 CEST 2016

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 14:18, m.kaufmann at infotech.li said:

> There are also many articles on the net that describe to add --allow-preset-passphrase to the file gpg-agent.conf.
> On my Windows 10 system I can't find such a file. Can I create an

You need to create it in the homedir.

  gpg --versions

shows the homedir, or use

  gpgconf --list-dirs

which also has a homedir line.  Then go to that directory, and put a
the lines

verbose
allow-preset-passphrase

into a file named gpg-agent.conf.  (verbose is not really needed but
might be helpful).  Then kill gpg-agent :

  gpgconf --kill gpg-agent

and things should work.

> You've mentioned the --pinentry-mode-lookback.
> Could you give me some advice howto to use this option?

I leave that to others ;-)

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

    /* EFH in Erkrath: https://alt-hochdahl.de/haus */