the .gnupg directory and fuse.encfs a problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 10 15:30:37 CET 2016

On Thursday 03 March 2016 at 12:28:54, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> encfs on /home/oub/ALLES/init_files/cryptstuff type fuse.encfs
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,default_permissions,user=oub)

> gpgsm: lock not made: link() failed: Operation not permitted

I am not familiar with encfs, it maybe that it does not support
some file operations that gpgsm wants to use.

You could try to
a) run gpgsm with more debug options to see if you get a better clue, e.g.
   gpgsm -vvv --debug-all --list-keys
(be careful with posting the results, it my contain sensitive information.)
b) run an strace on the process to see which operation it tries to perform
when failing.

Best,
Bernhard

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner