the .gnupg directory and fuse.encfs a problem

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Thu Mar 3 12:28:54 CET 2016

Hi

I am on Kubuntu 10.04/

I have my .gnupg directory in the directory

$HOME/init_files

And set a symbolic link to the home directory.

Everything works fine.

In an attack of «paranoia» I thought this is not save. So I created a
directory, using cryptkeeper which is mounted using fuse.encfs

Mount gives
encfs on /home/oub/ALLES/init_files/cryptstuff type fuse.encfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,default_permissions,user=oub)

I then did

 rsync  -auvz /home/oub/ALLES/init_files/.gnupg /home/oub/ALLES/init_files/cryptstuff/.gnupg

And changed the symbolic link

But then when I did

gpgsm --list-keys

I obtained

gpgsm: lock not made: link() failed: Operation not permitted

So what is the problem?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer