using master key from usb

Me Self wmsopou at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 13:24:32 CET 2016

Hi All

What is the best way to use a master key from a backup usb?

The whole ~/gnupg folder is backed up to the usb, and the master key has
been removed from the keyring on the harddrive.

I can use the master key with:
gpg --homedir /media/myusb/gnupg ...

Now I want to --sign-keys a key that is imported in the keyring on the
harddrive.

I could export the key I want to sign and import it in the backup, sign it
in the backup, then export it and import it back on the harddrive.. A bit
longwinded..

Is there an easier way to use the master key?