A better interface to the GnuPG-Framework (Re: EasyGnuPG)

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Tue Mar 22 17:35:48 CET 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 03:45:09PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 March 2016 at 15:14:41, Ben McGinnes wrote:
> > You know what might, though, if someone were to take up the old GPA
> > project perhaps ... maybe port it to GTK 3 or implement a Qt version.
>
> We have just cleanup and simplified the structure of Kleopatra,
> so that is making steps into the direction of the Qt5 version
> you are thinking of. If you want to help improve a gui part
> Andre currently is hacking on Kleopatra, so that is a good chance
> to test and give feedback about its user interface.
>
> We want to know what it would take to make Kleo an easy
> to use crypto GUI for GnuPG.

Ah, no, I think I'll have to leave that to the others.  Mainly because
I already have quite the task ahead of me with the future planned
GPGME Python 3 work (GPyGME, but it's waiting on the GPGME overhaul),
though also because the last serious effort I made at any GUI
programming was with Tkinter about 15 years ago (and I sucked at it).

As for more modern things ... well I'verecently dumped Thunderbird to
return to Mutt plus Emacs, so I guess that says something.  Note, that
wasn't Enigmail's fault, it was purely the compounding of Mozilla's
... whatever it's becoming (plus it can't handle the volume of mail
and accounts I have to deal with).

Regards,
Ben