EasyGnuPG

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 23 16:02:50 CET 2016

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 20:35, dashohoxha at gmail.com said:

> I still think that the colons format is a bit difficult to process and not

The colon format difficult?  I can do almost everything on the command
line.  awk(1) is your friend.

> not as easy as that. For example there is also --passphrase-fd,
> --command-fd, --logging-fd etc. and sometimes I still don't manage to

Well, if you need interaction you need to have a way to pass the
passphrase.  Interaction and unattended use are mostly orthogonal
requirement.

Agreed, the required status-fd/command-fd FSM can get quite complex.
However gpg 2.1 has the new --quick* commands which can replace most
common usages of command-fd in scripts.

What is the problem with a logging-fd?  Being able to specify a file
descriptor instead of a file is a very useful feature and can easily be
used by a script.  If you really want to log something.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner