EasyGnuPG

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Mar 23 18:48:22 CET 2016

On Tue 2016-03-22 15:11:23 -0400, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 4:29 PM, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
>
>> FWIW: We even consider to extend gpgme-tool to be a Native Messaging
>> Server for Browsers.
>
> In this case, "gpgme-tool" should be packaged on its own, not inside the
> package "*libgpgme11-dev*".
> I am refering to this message:
> https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2014-December/029206.html

I'm entirely open to packaging gpgme-tool separately from the -dev
package, if there is a clear and compelling argument for it.

If you feel that this is something particularly useful that you want to
happen for debian, please file a debian bug report against the gpgme1.0
source package (e.g. "reportbug gpgme1.0").

Regards,

        --dkg