EasyGnuPG

listo factor listofactor at mail.ru
Sat Mar 26 07:51:34 CET 2016

On 03/26/2016 03:55 AM, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 9:50 PM, listo factor <listofactor at mail.ru> wrote:
 >> ... The efforts which concentrate on making it easy might
 >> indeed increase the number of people that use it, but at the
 >> expense...

> So, maybe they will be safer if they don't use GPG at all?

That is, essentially, correct.

Allow me to expand. There are three groups of people whose
interests overlap only partially:

[A] GPG developers

[B] GPG users that "have nothing to hide"

[C] GPG users with secrets that must be protected from active
     and capable adversaries

This mailing list (and specifically, the project that is the subject
of this thread), appears to be dedicated to increasing the size of
[B] for the benefit of [A]. I wish both [A] and [B] well, but I am
concerned here with [C], who would indeed be much better off by not
using GPG at all, than by using it with insufficient understanding,
competence and prudence.