What am I missing?

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 30 15:29:27 CEST 2016

On 30-03-2016 14:16, listo factor wrote:

> If this is all essentially correct, someone who knows that
> the content of his device-at-rest is extremely valuable to an
> attacker would surely use a pass-phrase of adequate length, and
> thus make a potential cooperation from the device builder to
> his adversary inconsequential.
>
> What am I missing in this whole case?

The assumption that access to this particular device was where this
lawsuit was about.

The FBI wanted clearly an easy access to ALL devices and a court ruling
to force other companies into compliance. I assume their next victim
will be a party with less deep pockets to fight back.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers