(OT) FSF involvement

flapflap flapflap at riseup.net
Fri May 6 15:22:52 CEST 2016

Peter Lebbing:
> On 05/05/16 17:17, Werner Koch wrote:
>> Well, this is not an FSF sponsored list.  I never received any money or
>> other resources from the FSF.
>
> gnu.org lists GnuPG as a "GNU package", a part of the GNU Project. I
> kinda assumed that that would imply some form of involvement of the FSF
> in GnuPG... be that infrastructure or other support or whatnot...

I might be wrong, but I thought that the "Thou Shalt Not Advocate
Proprietary Software" rule is because of the rules for GNU Projects --
not because of the FSF. They are two different organisations for
different purposes.
Previously, I believed to have read these rules in the "Information for
Maintainers of GNU Software" [0] but could not find it any more.

~flapflap

[0] https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html