how to configure default sign key for particular user?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Mon May 9 22:12:30 CEST 2016

On 09/05/16 21:28, Scott Mcdermott wrote:
> Possibly, gpg could overload default-key based on how many args:
>
>     default-key uid1 keyid1
>     default-key uid2 keyid2
>     default-key keyid3

I think the configuration option "group" already covers your use case.

In my gpg.conf:

group peter=de500b3e
group test=DCDFDFA4

Testing it:

$ echo hi | gpg2 -u test -s|gpg2
hi
gpg: Signature made Mon 09 May 2016 22:09:50 CEST using RSA key ID DCDFDFA4
[...]
$ echo hi | gpg2 -u peter -s|gpg2
hi
gpg: Signature made Mon 09 May 2016 22:10:14 CEST using RSA key ID DE6CDCA1
[...]

Oh right, that's a bit unclear, DE6CDCA1 is a subkey of DE500B3E :-).

HTH,

Peter.