TRNG

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 17 16:49:26 CET 2016

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 12:47, swehack at gmail.com said:
> On the topic of open source RNG, I own the OneRNG and have attempted
> to use it with gpg but failed in the past.

I used it for half a year until it started to fail which fortunately was
detected by its selftest.  I really liked it due its physical nature of
entropy.

> My goal would be to make another attempt at using my OneRNG over USB
> with haveged as entropy source. A quick web search shows others have

Take care with haveged and read the design paper.  It needs to be tuned
to a specific CPU model to work reliable.  I would always prefer a
hardware based entropy source.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner