configure warnings and errors upon ./configure for Pinentry v0.9.7

David Adamson davidadamson.md at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 09:04:59 CET 2016

Thanks Krzysztof. I did apt-get install pinentry-qt4 although it was
an older (0.8.3-2) version than what is on gnupg . org. It installed
without any errors but when I run gpg2 --gen-key I'm still getting:

We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform
some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the
disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number
generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.
gpg: agent_genkey failed: No pinentry
Key generation failed: No pinentry

There is no delay in the error - it occurs at the same time the text
above is displayed.