configure warnings and errors upon ./configure for Pinentry v0.9.7

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Nov 21 10:16:52 CET 2016

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 21:51, davidadamson.md at gmail.com said:

> *** The config script /usr/local/bin/gpg-error-config was
> *** built for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu and thus may not match the
> *** used host x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.

This warning is a bit unfortunate but it is harmless.  Both platform
triplets indicate the same platform.

The names of these triplets are sometimes changed and when you are using
an older version of a library you may see such a warning.  The reason
why we print this warning is to be able to figure out build problems in
case of non properly installed systems where a native library and a
library used for cross-compiling are mixed up.

> checking for Qt5Core >= 5.0.0 Qt5Gui >= 5.0.0 Qt5Widgets >= 5.0.0...
> ./configure: line 9744: no: command not found

The "no" is a minor bug in the configure script - it is mostly harmless.

> configure: error: No pinentry enabled.

You need to install the appropriate development package for the GUI
platform.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner