Trying to figure out what's going on with a key update failure...

Anthony Papillion anthony at cajuntechie.org
Wed Nov 23 17:19:03 CET 2016

Hello Everyone,

When I run

gpg2 --keyserver <my-keyserver> --refresh-keys

I get a list of all of the keys in my keyring with the message that they
have not been changed (this is expected). At the bottom of the output, I
see the following message:

gpg: Total number processed: 31
gpg:              unchanged: 31
gpg: keyserver communications error: Not found
gpg: keyserver communications error: Bad public key
gpg: keyserver refresh failed: Bad public key

I assumed that I was getting this message because a key lookup failed
because it wasn't on a keyserver but someone on another list said this
is not the case. When I look at all of the output from the session,
nothing indicates any problems with any of the 31 keys in my keyring.

Can someone tell me what this error means and how can I fix it?

Thanks,
Anthony

VoIP/SIP:     1259010 at localphone.com
Skype:        cajuntechie