What to do at failed integrity check?

Simon Albrecht simon.albrecht at mail.de
Mon Oct 3 15:36:22 CEST 2016

Hello everybody,

I’m having a problem getting GnuPG set up: I downloaded the tarball and
signature (for v2.0.30), then did the integrity check as described on
<https://www.gnupg.org/download/integrity_check.html> using the packaged
version of GnuPG (1.4.something), and it failed with this message:

gpg: Signature made Do 31 Mär 2016 12:56:02 CEST using RSA key ID 4F25E3B6

I already tried getting the files from a mirror – same thing.

Now, the instructions on the linked webpage only say ‘the file should be
treated suspiciously’. But what can I do now? Just use it anyway and
hope it’s not a real problem?

Best regards,
Simon Albrecht