Agent forwarding failure when the socketdir was autodeleted

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Oct 4 14:03:06 CEST 2016

Hi,

Using GnuPG 2.1.15 I'm trying to SSH into a remote machine with OpenSSH 6.7 as
described under:

https://wiki.gnupg.org/AgentForwarding

The problem is that the remote system uses systemd so /var/run/user/<uid>
exits and GnuPG will use it.

But if I am not logged in or there is no gnupg process running. systemd
autodeletes /var/run/user/<uid>/gnupg this causes the remote forward of the
Socket to fail because the directory for the socket does not exist and SSH
won't create it. :-/

Any ideas how to solve this without requireing changes to the root
configuration of the remote machine?

I would happily update the wiki with a solution.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/