regular update of all keys from a keyserver

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Oct 17 15:48:13 CEST 2016

> I am aware that one can update all the keys in local-keyring from a
keyserver
> using "gpg --refresh-keys". Are there any disadvantages to simply put this
> command into user crontab and execute for example once a day?

Not that I know of.  Some people will tell you that "an attacker listening
in on your network connection could discover your social graph!", but
honestly, if people are eavesdropping on my network connection they already
have so many ways to discover my social graph that one more just doesn't
matter.  This 'problem' has always struck me as much ado about nothing much.