regular update of all keys from a keyserver

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Oct 17 17:41:43 CEST 2016

On Mon 2016-10-17 06:31:16 -0400, Martin T wrote:

> I am aware that one can update all the keys in local-keyring from a
> keyserver using "gpg --refresh-keys". Are there any disadvantages to
> simply put this command into user crontab and execute for example once
> a day?

The only disadvantages are if you don't want to reveal the contents of
your keyring to the public keyservers, or to announce your presence on
the network.

If you prefer to do these things in an anonymized way, you might prefer
a tool like parcimonie, or if you're a coder (or have ways to encourage
other coders to work on things you think are interesting), you might
want to to look into ways to try to address
https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue1827

    --dkg